This painting has been authenticated by the official Archive of Mario Tozzi, (see reference Arch.773 - Cat.37/4). The title means pine cone. Size of the painting 25 x 40 cm. Signed in the bottom right part. Mario Tozzi (30 October 1895-8 September 1979) was an Italian painter, awarded the Legion of Honour by the French government in 1935. Tozzi studied at Accademia di Belle Arti di Bologna (Italy) where he met and became friend with Giorgio Morandi and Osvaldo Licini, besides Sepo. After two years, he graduated receiving a prize from the Italian Instruction Ministry. After the First World War, he moved to Paris (France) and founded the Groupe des Sept (also known as “Les Italiens de Paris“) with Massimo Campigli, Giorgio De Chirico, Filippo de Pisis, Renato Paresce, Alberto Savinio and Gino Severini. Tozzi pursued his artistic life and his works was purchased by museums of Grenoble - Paris - Rome - Athens - Berlin - Bern - Budapest - Ginevra - Lion - Mannheim - Mosca - San Paolo. Tozzi returned to Rome in 1936, where he he dedicated himself to fresco works. Many of his works were then exhibited at the Venice Biennale in 1938, 1942, 1948, 1952 and 1954. He returned to France in 1971, dying there in 1979. A catalogue raisonné of his paintings was published in 1988 by Giorgio Mondadori Editore and edited by Marilena Pasquali. In 1992 “Studio Tozzi” was transformed into “Archivio Tozzi” where more than 3000 paintings and 1000 other paper works have been listed. Both the Cultural and Artistic Association Mario Tozzi and the web catalogue have been made up in 2012.